Loretto presents: The Sound of Music

This photo was taken during one of the rehearsals for The Sound of Music. Students from Loretto Academy high school, middle school, and elementary all came together to make this production a success. Photo courtesy of Sofia Ruiz del Hoyo.

Ava Bonilla, Loretto News Editor

Loretto’s drama club, Angels in the Wing Theatre Company, is currently working on its upcoming production of The Sound of Music. 

It is set to premiere on March 30 and 31 at 6 p.m. and April 1 at 2 p.m.

The girls, along with male actors from other schools in El Paso, have been practicing full run-throughs of the show and are focusing on the music. 

Not only is it a high school production, but the musical will include actors from Loretto’s middle and elementary school.

Loretto senior Elisa Camacho said, “This musical is really special because we are including all of the school. 

We have elementary and middle school students in the musical to celebrate the 100 years of Loretto.”

The musical will feature live music by Billy Townes and other local musicians. 

Loretto senior Sofia Ruiz del Hoyo is cast in the role of Elsa Shraeder, the Baroness. 

Ruiz del Hoyo said, “I admit, it is sad to be leaving as a senior, but I am forever grateful for all the experiences I had.

What I’m really looking forward to is being able to perform the play alongside other students from different grades and ages.” 

I can’t wait for everyone to see what we’ve been working on.” 

By attending practices and meetings, all Drama Club members have been working tirelessly to ensure that the musical is captivating and entertaining.

Loretto junior Maria Nava said, “It’s been an enjoyable experience rehearsing for this musical.

The musical is like every emotion mixed into one performance.

The Loretto theater sisterhood is there!”

Tickets sold in advance cost $10, and tickets at the door cost $12.

Stay tuned for more updates on the upcoming musical, and be sure to buy your tickets so you don’t miss out!