Spring break on a budget

Take a dive into the blue waters at Balmorhea State Park. If you have a phobia of the ocean, but have always wanted to swim with fish, Balmorhea is the place for you. Photo courtesy of Instagram @balmorheastatepark

Andrea Carranco, Staff Reporter

As spring break approaches, many Loretto students are planning vacations to get away from the stresses of school.

People usually like to plan trips to expensive and overrated places like Hawaii or Greece.

Those places sound entertaining and aesthetically pleasing, but let’s be honest, in a world governed by constant inflation, it can be difficult to travel without returning with an empty wallet.

Some might wonder if there is such a thing as going to a fun and worthwhile location without breaking the bank.

Here is a list of five wallet-friendly vacation sites that are unique and fun in their own way.

• Ruidoso, New Mexico
    • Stay at the Inn of the Mountain Gods Hotel.
  • Balmorhea State Park is located in​​ Toyahvale, Texas. 
    • Swim with fish in a man-made pool.
  • Big Bend National State Park is located in Brewster County, Texas.
    • Hike and spend the night camping to stargaze.
  • White Sands, New Mexico.
    • Slide down hills of white sand and take aesthetic pictures with your family.
  • Padre Island National Seashore is located in Corpus Christi.
    • Swim and collect seashells in the ocean.

These five locations are unique and affordable for big or small families and are just a couple of hours away from El Paso, Texas.

So, if you’re looking for a short road trip to a fun destination, feel free to explore the many wonders of these locations.