Ring Rose 2021 dress trends

Former+Loretto+graduates+of+the+class+of+2019.+From+left+to+right+Iliana+Pinal%2C+Victoria+Hernandez%2C+Karla+Medina%2C+Cassandra+Villar%2C+Danna+Morales%2C+Jimena+Chavez%2C+Samantha+Carrillo%2C+Natalia+Franco%2C+Grecia+Rosales%2C+Elena+Apodaca%2C+Paulina+Chavez%2C+and+Kaylene+Torresdey.+

Photo Courtesy of Iliana Pinal

Former Loretto graduates of the class of 2019. From left to right Iliana Pinal, Victoria Hernandez, Karla Medina, Cassandra Villar, Danna Morales, Jimena Chavez, Samantha Carrillo, Natalia Franco, Grecia Rosales, Elena Apodaca, Paulina Chavez, and Kaylene Torresdey.

Mariana Hernandez, Entertainment Editor

The pandemic has caused the postponement of many Loretto traditions, nevertheless  angels from the 11th and 12th grade are still having a Ring Rose Ceremony. 

Ring Rose is a tradition for Loretto that meaningfully consists of coming together as a sisterhood by giving a ring and receiving a rose. 

Former Loretto graduate of the class of 2019, Iliana Pinal, recalls her thoughts and memories of the tradition. 

Pinal said, “Ring Rose is an experience where you truly get together as a class. You’re no longer one individual, but an entire class as one.” 

As the long awaited spring semester has finally arrived, the upperclassmen’s search for the perfect dresses is on. 

Although the official date for the tradition remains unknown, it is expected to happen sometime during May.

As the dressing guidelines state, light colors are preferable and/or recommended as the ceremony’s background color is dark and pictures will not turn out well. 

According to the website Who What Wear, the 5 biggest color trends for this Spring/Summer 2021 will be mellow yellow, bubblegum pink, magnetic magenta, tiger tangerine, and tennis-ball green. 

Other colors such as pastels and neutrals might also accordingly fit into the occasion. 

Shoes like wedges, pumps, stiletto, and others are allowed but they must have heel covers or back slings. 

Remember to make sure to follow up Loretto’s ceremony guidelines towards the dress code rules.