Reclaim your good mental health with these tips

Photo Courtesy by Shutterstock

It is important to give yourself love and care before anything else. Mental health is just as important as your physical health.

Arissa Ramirez, Entertainment Reporter

Keeping your mental health maintained can be hard, especially during these times and improving it, provides many benefits for you. 

Kianna Verdugo, Loretto junior, has had a hard time maintaining a good mental health.

Verdugo said, “Since the pandemic it has been hard to get on track because of being isolated and also being on the screen all the time. The uncertainty adds a lot of anxiety and because of a multitude of homework it has just been stressful so there has been less time for myself.” 

Whether you are a student, teacher, or another busy person, keeping a grip on one’s mental health can seem unattainable; however with these tips you can easily reclaim your good mental health.

Make free time for yourself:

At times it can feel like free time is nonexistent, however if you manage your time and refrain from procrastinating, you will find yourself having free time to relax or take a break. 

Find a relaxing hobby: 

Doing something that calms you can be helpful, some common relaxing hobbies include coloring, listening to music, exercise, and meditation.

Keep a journal:

Many times it can feel like your mind is overwhelmed with negative or positive thoughts; write those emotions down and let go of them. 

Smile: 

Smiling to yourself throughout the day whether you want to or not can lower your heart rate and calm you down, it is also a good way to bring a real smile to your face, or even a giggle. 

Get help when you need it.

It is ok if none of these tips help you, sometimes people need more help than others, if you feel this way, consider getting professional help. 

It can be easy to lose yourself or your mental health during times like these, however it is important to not lose faith and to try to help yourself using these tips or others you find helpful.