Jingle Mingle; beloved christmas tradition

Photo Courtesy of Iliana Moreno

Dr. Baca and Mrs. Jensen enjoy the 2019 Jingle Mingle. Last year’s Jingle Mingle was hosted on November 6, 2019 at the gym.

Cristina Robles, Loretto News Editor

Around Christmas time, Loretto Academy always hosts Jingle Mingle, many will remember Mrs. Pasaret selling Papas Locas or Señoras Loretto inspired school supplies but now, with El Paso’s ever growing cases this year’s Jingle Mingle will not be possible.  

Jingle Mingle is an event for clubs and classification to fundraise and most importantly a time for the Loretto community to enjoy food, performances, and fun activities. 

As we begin to end the first semester it is still unknown if Jingle Mingle could be moved to the Spring semester. 

Katie Martinez, the Advancement Director at Loretto said, “There is not a chance that Jingle Mingle will be held in the Spring semester. Wreaths that are given to clubs have not been purchased.

“I also do not think that we would be able to hold it in person in a safe manner.” 

This year’s Jingle Mingle will be missed by many students, faculty, and parents. 

Senior Damby Renteria said, “Everybody was extremely excited to see old friends that would come and visit them and how Mrs.Cortez would prepare the Orchesis dance performance.” 

As we pass the day where faculty and students alike anxiously wait for Jingle Mingle, it’s essential to take a step back and remember all the good memories.