Anacristina Muniz: Show choir president

Cristina+Muniz+has+been+singing+since+she+was+10+years+old.+Now%2C+she+is+the+president+of+show+choir.+Photo+courtesy+of+Muniz.+

Cristina Muniz has been singing since she was 10 years old. Now, she is the president of show choir. Photo courtesy of Muniz.

Cristina Robles, Entertainment and Class Sections Reporter

Anacristina Muniz is a senior and the show choir president. 

Being in the show choir takes great talent but even greater talent to be the president.

Muniz has been singing since she was 10 years old; she sang for her church choir.

It is easy to say she has always had a passion for singing and is very talented. 

She started participating in show choir in freshman year and has clearly worked her way up the ranks.

Muniz said, “It’s a community, we have jam sessions, and we also have fun picking music and getting ready for competitions, it truly is like a family.” 

From her interview, it was clear that Muniz has a very fun and vibrant personality.

Amanda Torres, a junior at Loretto, said, “Muniz is a very positive person; she is very optimistic, loud, funny, likes to sing, she plays the piano really well.”

Torres described Muniz’s personality perfectly and emphasized how well she does her job as president and how gifted she truly is. 

Being the president of a club comes with many responsibilities, and show choir is no exception.

Muniz said, “I pick the music for the mass and for the assemblies, and I help organize for the choir concerts and competitions.”

With an Orchesis and choir concert on December 10, Muniz’s schedule is very hectic to say the least, from having to pick the music and getting the concert organized to having to practice.

As Muniz talked about show choir and the members in it, her enthusiasm and love for the art and the members was clearly evident. 

Muniz represents what an ideal show choir president should be: hardworking, dedicated, and artistic.