Say what

Azalea Esquivel-Reyes, Class Sections Editor

In a tweet from Donald Trump posted on October 18, 2018, he said, “The assault on our country at our Southern Border, including the Criminal elements and DRUGS pouring in, is far more important to me, as President, than Trade of the USMCA.

Hopefully Mexico will stop this onslaught at their Northern Border.

All Democrats fault for weak laws!”

Trump said on October 18, 2018, “In addition to stopping all payments to these countries, which seem to have almost no control over their population, I mist, in the strongest of terms, ask Mexico to stop this onslaught- and if unable to do so I will call up thee U.S. Military and CLOSE OUR SOUTHERN BORDER!..”

“What do you think about President Trump’s tweet regarding closing the border?”

Freshmen 9th – Lily Larkin

“I think that it is extremely absurd and it would affect so many families including people who we go to school with. He’s literally psychotic.”

Lily Larkin, freshmen at Loretto Academy. Photo courtesy of Azalea Esquivel-Reyes.

Sophomore 10th – Natalia Valenzuela

“I see both sides of the story; I don’t really have an opinion. I see how many seek refuge in the U.S. but I also see how the U.S. had the duty to protect our border.”

Natalia Valenzuela, sophomore at Loretto Academy. Photo courtesy of Azalea Esquivel-Reyes.

Junior 11th – Anneliese Gil

“I don’t think that closing the borders is going to do anything, in fact it’s just going to hurt those that are trying to get an education and a job here and also those who have family here.”

Anneliese Gil, junior at Loretto Academy. Photo Courtesy of Azalea Esquivel-Reyes.

Senior 12th – Natalia Franco

“I honestly think that closing the border is not going to happen. Closing it would cause major economic disruption, not to mention the fact that not all immigrants are criminals.”

Natalia Franco, senior at Loretto Academy. Photo Courtesy of Azalea Esquivel-Reyes.