New, improved Field Day

Photo courtesy of: Madelynne Sandoval

Loretto Athletic Association (L.A.A) officers from left to right: Lauren Gil, Xzandra Fo, Madelynne Sandoval, and Sofia Cortez.

Sofia Cadena, Sports reporter

Sofia Cortez and Madelynne Sandoval celebrating their final Field Day. Photo courtesy of: Madelynne Sandoval

Field Day is widely anticipated event at Loretto Academy.

The long standing tradition is organized by Loretto Athletic Association (LAA), who prepare fun activities for everyone to enjoy throughout the course of an eventful day.

The gym is covered by yellow, green, purple, and pink posters (colors representative of each classification) and students demonstrate their school spirit by wearing their class colors.

For many, especially for the freshmen, it is their first Field Day.

Freshman Sophia Chabre, said “Field day was really fun, it was a great experience for my first year here at Loretto, I am definitely looking forward to next year.”

Throughout the day, the different classifications work hard to beat each other in an assortment of games to hopefully win the day.

Although the concept of Field Day stayed the same, this year’s LAA officers made a few unique changes.

This year, each classification had the opportunity to play against other classifications instead of being freshmen against seniors and sophomores against juniors.

Alejandra Urbina, a junior at Loretto, who has been a member of LAA since her freshman year, said “I think field day was a fun experience for all of the classifications.”

The LAA officers decided it was time to switch things up on some activities and make more fun of it.

The freshmen and sophomores seemed to have fun, but the junior and seniors claimed this field day to be the best field day yet of their years at Loretto.”

Field day received many positive comments from students about the variety of different activities.

Anamarie Cordova, a sophomore at Loretto who is also an LAA member, said, “I thought it was so much more entertaining and inclusive and the overall comments were positive; we wanted to be more organized so Lauren Gil, Madelynne Sandoval, Sofia Cortez, and Xzandra Fo worked extra hard.”

LAA’s efforts were definitely admired by students and staff this year.

Students are already anticipating the next field day with great excitement.