Loretto seniors nominated QuestBridge finalists

Danya+Navarrete+%28right%29+and+Elizabeth+Hernandez+%28left%29+smiling+for+The+Prax.++They+were+selected+QuestBridge+finalists+on+October+18%2C+2018.+

Azalea Esquivel-Reyes

Danya Navarrete (right) and Elizabeth Hernandez (left) smiling for The Prax. They were selected QuestBridge finalists on October 18, 2018.

Azalea Esquivel-Reyes, Class Sections Editor

QuestBridge, founded in 1994, is an organization that provides low income students with scholarship opportunities to leading colleges and jobs.

Their goal is to help support students to achieve success in both their career as well as communities.

Two of Loretto Academy’s very own seniors have been nominated as QuestBridge finalists this 2018 year.

Loretto seniors Elizabeth Hernandez and Danya Navarrete have received this great opportunity to expand on their studies and follow a successful career.

QuestBridge finalist Danya Navarrete said, “I honestly did not think I would become a finalist.

This is my chance of a lifetime.” Navarrete said.

The finalists were announced on Thursday October 18, 2018.

Elizabeth Hernandez’s top choice is Claremont McKenna located in Claremont, California; she is still undecided on what she plans on studying but is leaning more on environmental science

Danya Navarrete plans on studying mechanical engineering and her top choice is MIT located in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

As a QuestBridge finalist, the students apply to selected universities that the program works with.

Once they apply and are matched by the university, they attend the university of their choice with no costs.

QuestBridge finalist Elizabeth Hernandez said, “I was really happy when I found out because I know this will help me in the college application process and it felt good knowing all that hard work paid off.”

These young ladies have excelled in their classes as well as in their communities and they have worked so hard to achieve such honor.

They represent the Loretto tradition of excellence and Loretto Academy wishes these ladies the best luck in the world.