Loretto seniors’ full circle moment

Loretto seniors in their car throwing candy at the underclassmen during the Circle Drive ceremony. The seniors drove through Circle Drive four times. Photo courtesy of Mia Montelongo

Mia Montelongo, Staff Reporter

On Thursday, May 18, 2023, Loretto Academy held its annual Circle Drive celebration for its graduating seniors.

The Circle Drive ceremony at Loretto Academy has been a tradition for many years.

The seniors decorate their cars with fun themes and drive around the campus and through the Circle Drive a total of four times.

The four laps signify their four years of high school at Loretto, each representing a different grade level.

Some of this year’s themes included “Teen Beach Movie,” “Peter Pan,” and “Mamma Mia.”

The underclassmen stood on the side of the Circle Drive waving goodbye and catching all the candy and prizes being thrown at them by their beloved seniors.

This is one of Loretto’s rich traditions, and this year’s senior class went above and beyond.

The final lap was emotional for many seniors as they cherished their final minutes on campus as Loretto students.

Thank you, class of 2023, for such a memorable year!