Farewell class of 2023!

Two top ten percent seniors wearing University of Michigan attire. From left to right: Crista Castillo and Jayne Nowak. Photo courtesy of Mia Montelongo

Mia Montelongo, Staff Reporter

On May 12, the senior class of 2023 celebrated their last day as students of Loretto Academy before becoming a part of Loretto’s beloved alumnae.

All of the seniors were individually called onto the stage in Loretto’s gym for their awards to be announced and distributed.

The seniors also wore hats that they decorated according to their college of future attendance.

Cheers erupted from the crowd when Mr. Silva called senior Toni Reese Quintana’s name.

Although Quintana was unable to attend the ceremony, her classmates expressed their solidarity with her as she recovers from an injury.

Sending wishes for a speedy recovery from the Loretto community, Reese!

Loretto senior Fernanda Penunuri said, “The saddest part of the Senior Farewell was realizing that many of my friends are leaving.”

The ceremony concluded with an abbreviated version of the annual senior video.

This year’s video featured a surprise appearance by a celebrity guest star, Abby Lee Miller.

The seniors walked out of the gym together while saying goodbye to the underclassmen and their beloved teachers.

As the ceremony came to a close, the seniors emotionally passed on the torch of leadership to the class of 2024.

The juniors then moved into where the seniors sat and chanted the senior class cheer.

Loretto junior Mariana Medrano said, “It was exciting to do the senior cheer for the first time because it made me look forward to our upcoming senior year.”

Goodbye to the class of 2023, and good luck in the new chapters of your life!