MUN shares their voice

The MUN club will be hosting a meeting next school year to showcase a Youtube video in which they will show further details from their trip.They also have an instagram account, which can be found @lorettoattheun. Photo courtesy of Isabel Garza.

Isabel Garza, Class Sections Editor

In March, the Model U.N. club took a trip to New York where they attended the Commission on the Status of Women at the United Nations headquarters.

They discussed and were educated on topics like the role of men and women in feminism, climate change, and the evolution of technology.

The students who went toured around the city and lived the classic New York experience.

They did not keep their experience to themselves, on April 26, 2023, an assembly was held and they got to share their touristy points of view.

They talked us through their trip in the little theater and as a group made the rest of the students envision what it would be like to go.

The assembly included other very impacting topics like the important role of women in STEM, and the agents of change Loretto students are capable of being. 

There were 8 students who attended the conference, 7 juniors: Marina Cepeda, Helen de la Rosa, Maria Joaquina Fuentes, Emma Isaac, Julianna Peraza, Christiane Tapia, Catherine Torres, along with senior Fatima Valenzuela.

Helen de la Rosa, a junior who went, said, “It was honestly super fun and educational at the same time.

I got to see NY in itself and not only got to learn about the problems women face  in the US but globally.” De la Rosa continued,

“In the assembly, I felt a little nervous in front of the whole high school but it felt good to know I was sharing an experience many hope to live through.

Students’ faces were lit and full of enthusiasm for the possibility of visiting New York as a Loretto group.