Angel in the Spotlight: Miranda Moreno

Miranda Moreno is in the art room posing in front of the white screens. Miranda Moreno is a senior. Photo Courtesy of Mia Montelongo

Mia Montelongo, Staff Reporter

Loretto, meet one of our most artistically talented students, Miranda Moreno! 

Moreno is a senior at Loretto where she is currently a part of the National Art Honors Society (NAHS). 

She is a dedicated student and is a leader to all of the students in the Honor Society. 

Loretto’s art teacher and sponsor of NAHS, Mr. Benero, said, “ Miranda has an impeccable work ethic and is extremely talented. 

She is the vice president of NAHS and is for sure a future candidate for furthering her education in the arts.” 

Moreno has a skill that she is able to share with the community and she is admired by many of her peers. 

Junior and member of NAHS, Amelia Wardy, said, “She puts in a lot of time and participates without being told to do so. 

All of the work Miranda does comes from her heart.”

What makes a great artist is their effort and dedication, and Moreno embodies all the qualities of an amazing artist. 

The good news is, she does not plan to end her creative career any time soon. 

One of Moreno’s current art projects. She is
currently in AP Art. Photo Courtesy of Mr. Benero

Moreno said, “ I plan on attending The University of Glasgow in Scotland to study film, television, and art history.” 

Loretto is lucky to have such talent present in the school as Moreno has helped in several school events. 

“I’ve applied my talent to Loretto through the theater productions by doing the costumes for Little Women and Sound of Music.”

Miranda will for sure go on to do amazing things and The Prax wishes nothing but the best for her in her future studies in the arts!