“Eat Mor Chikin”

Four students wait in line eager to order off the Chick-Fil-A fundraiser at Loretto’s Spirit Night. The benefits of the event will be donated to fix and prioritize the school’s issues. Loretto students, from left to right, Marialuisa Urias, Bárbara Urias, Renata Muñoz, and Emilia Garcia. Photo courtesy of Melissa Casale.

Orlyanka Tantchou, Co-Editor-in-Chief

As a school fundraiser, Loretto Academy hosted a Spirit Night event where friends and families were invited to enjoy a meal at Chick-fil-A on Tuesday, January 10, 2023, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.

The Chick-fil-A locations on Airway & Edgemere and inside the Cielo Vista Mall partnered with Loretto to collect a percentage of each sale for a donation to the Loretto fund. 

Advancement Assistant and class of 2018 alumnae Melissa Casale said, “The Loretto fund is a non-specific account that allows for unrestricted giving or allocation of funds per the discretion of Loretto Academy.  

Distribution of funds is determined by the Board of Trustees towards projects deemed a priority and offsetting the budget.”

With the support of families from the elementary, middle, and high school, Loretto raised $312.81.

Loretto sophomore Lauren Domengeaux said, “I really enjoyed myself at the fundraiser because I got to spend one-on-one time with the basketball team and give back to the school.”

Spirit Night was a fun way to join not only Loretto Angels, but give alumni the opportunity to reconnect with current students and donate to their alma mater.

Loretto junior Bárbara Urias said, “Chick-Fil-A night was a great time to share a meal with my friends and see other students from Loretto, while still supporting the school’s cause.”

To continue the tradition of bond and legacy built at Loretto, the school hopes to organize more fundraisers in the future in hopes of bringing the Loretto community together to support the school.