‘Tis the season at Loretto Academy

One of the Christmas wreaths auctioned at this year’s Jingle Mingle Celebration. The wreaths were a variety of themes including Halloween, Christmas, and Autum. Photo courtesy of Loretto Academy on Instagram

Mia Montelongo, Staff Reporter

On Nov. 3, 2022, Loretto Academy held its first Jingle Mingle since 2019.

Jingle Mingle is a Christmas celebration where clubs are able to raise money by selling tasty treats and other exciting goodies.

For the past two years, Jingle Mingle was canceled due to Covid.

The event brings the Christmas spirit into the air at Loretto and excites the students for the upcoming holiday.

All the students and their families are welcomed into the gym to celebrate.

Loretto sophomore Alana Garcia said, “I enjoyed Jingle Mingle because it showed Loretto’s Four Core Values: Faith, Community, Justice, and Respect.

It brought Loretto girls and their families together to enjoy a beautiful holiday.

It also gave the chance for clubs and classes to show an act of service and holiday cheer.”

Clubs including Women Empowering Women, Model UN, and Nature Orbe were some of the organizations that participated.

Model UN, a club sponsored by Ms. Pasaret, raised a total of $302 by selling Papas Locas.

Elementary school students also gave a captivating performance of Christmas hymns.

Loretto’s Orchesis dancers gave an exceptional Christmas performance.

Junior and Orchesis dancer, Angelica Castorena, said, “This was my first year both experiencing and participating in Jingle Mingle, and I enjoyed both.

My favorite thing about performing for Jingle Mingle was the spirit and energy that filled the gym, as it was a time for both gathering and giving back to the community.

I am satisfied knowing I could be a part of it in any way possible.”

Jingle Mingle was greatly missed and was a huge success this year.

The Loretto community will have to wait and see what next year’s Jingle Mingle has in store for the holidays.