Angel in the spotlight: Tenley Rhea

Tenley and her teammate Carolina Garcia celebrating at the state meet. Loretto will be anticipating great things from Rhea in the years to come. Photo courtesy of Tenley Rhea.

Andrea Carranco, Staff Reporter

Meet Tenley Rhea, Loretto junior and member of the swim team here at Loretto Academy. 

Rhea is a great representation of a dedicated student and athlete.

She has been an active member of the Loretto swim team since her sophomore year and has contributed far more than anyone has expected.

She placed first in her 200 freestyle event at regionals this past season and completed it in 2:02 minutes, which was her personal best time.

Rhea’s teammate, Sofía Ruiz Del Hoyo said, “Being a very positive and upbeat person, Tenley was always there to motivate our team and to keep our spirits up.

She is the glue for our team and our main motivator.”

Rhea utilized all her training and techniques, which allowed her to thrive this swimming season.

On top of that, Rhea was balancing time for school work and club practice while still attending every Loretto practice at 5:30 in the morning.

She is the epitome of a well-rounded and respected student with an uplifting attitude.

Rhea said, “My top three goals for next season are to break 2 minutes in the 200 freestyle, to break 1 minute in my 100 backstroke event, and lastly, to have fun and plan more team activities.”

Loretto can definitely count on Rhea to dive into success again next year.