Track season is here

Loretto track runner, Monse Medina, taking a break in the cold weather preparing for her next run. Loretto Angels prepared for their new track season by building endurance for their first meet of the year.

Andrea Acosta, Staff Reporter

The Loretto Angels kicked off their first practice of the season hoping to become expert runners as they start figuring out their areas of strength and weakness.  

The Loretto Angels began practice on January 10, 2022, and started practicing at Burges High School on January 18, 2022. 

Coach Ramirez hopes to build up the runners’ endurance and help them get back into shape. 

Loretto track runner, Regina Correa, said, “Being part of this Loretto sport feels really empowering and satisfying. 

The community that is formed through track is a very motivational and encouraging one.”  

Correa said, “Track has helped me with many things, but because of the rigor of practice, I have seen the greatest changes in my mental and physical strength.”  

The Loretto Angels are deciding what running distance works best for them on the track and are looking forward to participating in competitive events.