Upcoming Ring Rose changes

Last year’s Ring Rose was also a break from tradition. Instead of the senior giving their junior a ring and a junior giving their senior a yellow rose, gift baskets, roses, and balloons were exchanged.

Photo Courtesy of The Prax

Cristina Robles, Loretto News Editor

Ring Rose is an event that is very special to both juniors and seniors alike, the beauty of getting picked by a junior and giving them a ring and the seniors getting a yellow rose is unmatched. 

As we live in unprecedented times, many traditions are forced to change including Ring Rose. 

Many years before, girls would gather in the gym for the ceremony, and all of the high school, parents, and loved ones would watch. 

Last year, Ring Rose was also affected by COVID, and instead of a ceremony both juniors and seniors exchanged gift baskets full of little goodies, flowers, and heartfelt cards. 

This year Loretto is planning on having a ceremony on the soccer field on May 5. 

The ceremony will take place only with juniors and seniors. 

COVID guidelines will be in place but Loretto and the Student Body are committed to keeping the beloved Loretto Traditions alive!