Loretto Academy’s future leaders

Girls from the class of 2022 in their first day of sophomore year. Time flew by, and they are about to be future seniors.

Photo Courtesy of Jimena Vega

Natalia Valenzuela, Reporter

As the 2020-2021 school comes close to the end, the class of 2022 awaits their senior year.  

As their first year as upperclassmen, some juniors are looking forward to all the Loretto traditions they will now be able to participate in, such as Ring Rose and Prom. 

In preparation for the juniors, the girls have been busy taking SATs and ACTs while balancing their school work and personal lives. 

Junior Natalia Caro said, “It has been a stressful year, especially for my school life, with homework, quizzes and tests and being at home all day, it gets tiring.”

“I made a schedule for myself so I can stay organized and make sure I am ready for what senior year has to offer.” 

Both college counselors, Mrs. Drury and Mrs. Pries have been a great help to girls by guiding them to choose the best classes for a successful senior year, leading to a bright future.

Junior Isabella Acosta said, “Time has flown by so fast, my high school years are almost over!”

“Next year I will be a senior, although I am very scared and nervous of what is to come, I am also excited.” 

“My junior year was in no way what I had in mind, I hope things will continue to get better and go back to normal so I can make the most of my last year.” 

Junior year is considered to be one of the hardest years due to the individual development and discipline the girls are put through to make sure they are ready for a new level of pressure. 

Junior Sara Rodarte said, “Junior year has been very difficult, to say the least.”

“However, it has gone by so fast, I am extremely excited for senior year and hopefully everything will go well.” 

This year has been a challenge for some juniors since they are being prepared for their senior year, especially applying into college.

Senior Anacristina Villegas said, “Entering my senior year during COVID-19 was definitely a challenge.”

“I was sad I missed out on a few things that I have been looking forward to since freshman year and it helped me understand how to appreciate living in the moment.”

“I hope the class of 2022 have a great year and my advice to them is to have fun and make it as memorable as possible.” 

Four years have flown by and it is now time for new leaders of Loretto Academy and from the class of 2021 to 2022,  good luck!