To Mrs.Melby with love

Photo Courtesy of Loretto Academy

Mrs. Melby breaking the ice on the first day of school in 2018. Mrs. Melby always began the year with an ice breaker so students could become comfortable and get ready for the new school year.

Cristina Robles, Loretto News editor

This past week we said goodbye to Mrs. Melby, Loretto’s Theology and Psychology teacher. 

Mrs. Melby’s energetic way of teaching and connecting with students left a mark on every single girl especially the seniors. 

Senior Chloe Trujillo said, “I remember when I first met Mrs. Melby she was hollering from across the hall at me and I was so confused but she was just asking for help. I soon learned she was a lively and expressive person after that.” 

The seniors got to fully connect with Mrs. Melby their junior year and continued to do so their senior year by enrolling in Psychology. 

Students loved having Mrs. Melby as a Psychology teacher because she truly made them understand the concepts including Freud’s wacky theories. 

Trujillo said, “Mrs. Melby will be missed, I loved going to her AP psychology class and was always amazed about how passionate she is about everything she teaches.” 

Mrs.Melby not only made her lessons exciting but she engaged the students even if they weren’t so excited to participate. 

The most important thing Mrs. Melby did to make the Loretto experience magical in her classroom was her little saying that cheered you up. 

Senior Diana Laura Perez said, “I remember in the retreat Mrs. Melby was talking to us and she said “be a coffee bean, not a carrot” I was confused at first but then reading between the lines, this peculiar saying suddenly had great meaning.” 

With little inspirational sayings scattered through the years, some girls heard ones that will stick with them throughout their whole life. 

Trujillo said, “She always said we mattered even when we felt like we didn’t at times.” 

Saying goodbye to a teacher that has impacted many students is never easy, but the Loretto angles will forever carry her sometimes curious but ever-important teachings in their hearts. 

From the Loretto angles, thank you, Mrs. Melby!