Special short homeroom to help angels

Helen Metcalfe’s homeroom smile for a group photo during their short homeroom. All students smile as they enjoy their homeroom activities.

Photo Courtesy of Valeria Simons

Arissa Ramirez, Reporter

Short homeroom has always been used to inform students on current events at Loretto Academy and to have girls participate in special festivities.

This year is a bit different, as there are not many opportunities to participate in festivities amid Covid-19.

However, Loretto students and faculty are doing everything possible to continue the tradition of sisterhood amongst the girls.

Like before, the plan is to conduct a short homeroom weekly, Valeria Simons, Loretto Senior Class President expressed that the reason for often short homerooms is to be able to give the girls something to look forward to. 

Simons said, “We want to create a time where the students can interact with their classmates like they used to. We also wanted to have a time where counselors could easily talk to certain grade levels.”

She also explained that the ultimate goal of these short homerooms is to keep a sense of  “normalcy” for the students. 

Sophomore Luciana Baeza said, “I really enjoy going to homeroom it was a change of pace to our routine and I liked seeing friends I don’t have classes with.”

These short homerooms encourage all students to participate in these fun activities and continue to stay positive during these unusual times.