French Honor Society Representatives

Photo Courtesy of Samantha Perez.

FHS President senior Samantha Perez with her lovely smile. Perez’s love for French will inspire others to enjoy the language as much as she does.

Isabela Baca, Class Sections Editor

Walking into Madame Le Thanh’s classroom as the girls greeted with a mellow “Bonjour”, is something to remember.

French class traditions have continued although they are now behind screens.

One of the most memorable parts of taking French class is the opportunity to apply for French Honor Society (FHS).

This year’s representatives are senior Samantha Perez as president, junior Margarita Alonso as vice-president, junior Kianna Verdugo as secretary, junior Ana Milan as treasurer, junior Aurora Zepeda as tutoring director, and senior Diana Laura Perez as public relations director.

FHS president Samantha Perez’s love for the French language has allowed her to look out for the FHS members at Loretto.

Perez said, “I am also looking forward to using social media to help girls stay connected and learn new songs and French TV shows.”

Being an FHS representative involves more than just keeping in touch with one another.

One of the requirements is to accomplish a total of 20 service hours.

The girls had come out with alternatives that can be done while distant-learning in order to guide the members.

“The FHS members along with myself are completing their hours by tutoring. 

The girls who have taken French are helping girls who need the help to study for an exam, review vocabulary, practice reading and pronunciation among many other things, and anyone who needs help gets assigned a tutor who will work with them to ensure that they are learning and enjoying the process”, said Perez.

Helping others expand their French proficiency is the FHS representatives main goal.

Even though they all have a similar goal, every member is unique on their own.

Vice-president Margarita Alonso said, “What makes me unique as a member of FHS is the long time I have been part of this group. 

“I was inducted my freshman year and I am always very happy to be a part of all the great events that we do.”

FHS members are hard workers, committed and creative girls who thrive to come up with plenty of ideas and to help each other out.

Perez said, “My favorite part of being in FHS is that I get to interact with other grade levels and we can all get together and expand our knowledge for the french culture and language.

“I am honored that I get to work together with these girls as we can all get together and share french song recommendations, tv shows and movies”

This year’s FHS costumes or procedures seem different, however, the girls have come together to continue to love the French culture and language as a whole.

Now the girls, as French-speaking leaders, will not only help the girls at Loretto, but people on the other side of the globe.