Happy Galentine’s Day

Photo Courtesy of Karen Nevarez

Freshman, Maria Jose Garcia’s mask hides a big smile. She holds a box of Dunkin Donuts given to her by her biggie!

Natalia Valenzuela, Reporter

This year’s Valentine’s day was special and memorable for both the seniors and their little sisters, the freshmen. 

The Leadership girls, along with the Student Council organized an activity for both classifications on this day of friendship and love. 

The activity took place during the last period on Friday, February 12th where the girls were excused to go spend time with their littles and give them a Galentine’s gift. 

The girls were given the option to meet up in-person, socially distanced with mask protection, or call each other through Facetime or Zoom.  

Freshman Mia Urias said, “My biggie, Liliana and I gave gifts to each other and we just met up somewhere.” 

The gifts given were every teenage girl’s dream; iced coffee, donuts, chocolate, and even cute cards. 

Senior Andrea Baeza said, “I liked this activity because I thought it was a cute idea and since this school year has been so rough, I enjoyed that I got to do something with my little sister and we got to catch up. 

“Though we did not see each other in person, a Facetime call and sending each other a gift was enough.” 

This activity was a great opportunity for the seniors to bond with their little sisters and share the true meaning of sisterhood at Loretto. 

Once again, Happy Galentine’s day from the Class of 2021 and 2024!