Athlete of the month: Natalia Gallardo

Natalia Gallardo, Loretto senior,  playing for the ball in a soccer game. Natalia has led the team for the 4th year now and is a great leader on and off the field.

Natalia Gallardo, Loretto senior, playing for the ball in a soccer game. Natalia has led the team for the 4th year now and is a great leader on and off the field.

Celeste Hirschi, Sports Editor

The Loretto soccer team started its season in mid-January, and for the fourth year, they are led by outstanding player Natalia Gallardo.

She is Co-captain of the Loretto soccer team and is dedicated to the sport and the team.

Gallardo has been playing soccer for over 10 years now and finds it one of her major passions. 

Natalia Gallardo said, “I started playing soccer in teams of only boys because there just weren’t enough girls back then.”

Her defensive skills are where Natalia Gallardo shines on the field. 

She has been a defensive player since the beginning of her soccer career and continues to aid her team on the defensive side to this day. 

Coach Mackenzie Mcglaughlin said, “She has always made this team a priority and given 100%, and brings an energy to the field which helps motivate and lead this team.”

Gallardo leads her team on and off the field, her attitude motivates her team to do better. 

Senior soccer teammate, Anacristina Villegas said, “At times we need to laugh and she is always there to make everyone laugh no matter the situation!”

Freshman teammate, Mia Montelongo said, “Natalia is a great leader for our team because she always pushes us to be the best player we can be and she is always super energetic.”

Natalia Gallardo’s constant motivation and team spirit will help lead her team to many victories this season.