Angels take on 2021

A+beautiful+cloudy+morning+at+Loretto+Academy%21+A+photo+of+the+chapel+was+taken+on+January+4%2C+2021.+

Photo courtesy of Isabella Acosta.

A beautiful cloudy morning at Loretto Academy! A photo of the chapel was taken on January 4, 2021.

Natalia Valenzuela, reporter

After a long and peaceful Christmas break, classes resumed on January 5, 2021. Faculty, staff, and students got to rest and prepare for the new year.

“The end of my sophomore year and the beginning of my junior year were hard, I became very unmotivated. Over the break, I realized that I am very fortunate to be able to go to Loretto and I want to make the rest of this year count. I want to be a better student and make my parents proud.” said junior, Isabella Acosta.  

Sometimes all it takes to gain back energy and motivation is to take time for yourself.  

“During the break and the time off from school, I realized how stressed I was and wanted to work on myself. I began to work out more and rest my brain with activities not involving technology.” said senior, Ivanna James. 

As a new semester begins, everyone gets the chance to do better and set goals for themselves to finish off the school year.  

“When I viewed my schedule for the 2021 semester, I saw Sociology with Ms. Marshall was my 4th period. I did not know who she was and I was nervous about a new class.  I wish I could have told myself not to stress so much. It is a fun class and I cannot wait for the rest of the semester.” said senior, Jade Medrano.  

As the first month of 2021 comes to an end, the Loretto angels have now become comfortable and have gotten an idea of what the new semester will be like!