Introducing new Loretto teachers, staff

Photo Courtesy of Helen Metcalfe

Mrs. Metcalfe is a former Loretto Alumna. Mrs.Metcalfe teaches US History, and Business Information Management.

Cristina Robles, Loretto New Editor

Loretto is ever changing and this year it welcomed new teachers and new staff.

Ethan Gad, the new Government and Economics teacher said, “Loretto students are some of the easiest to work with students I have ever had… In Loretto students provide a very comfortable teaching environment, Loretto students are genuinely curious about the content of the subject matter of things.” 

In addition to Mr. Gad, Loretto has a new assistant principal, Ms. Mary Anne Olivas. 

Ms. Olivas was the interim Assistant Principal at North Star Elementary before she came to work at Loretto. 

Ms. Olivas said, “I am loving Loretto! It is a school filled with history and tradition. The Faculty, staff, and students have welcomed me warmly and I am appreciative of their support as I get settled in.” 

Mrs. Metcalfe is the new US History teacher as well as the Business Information Management teacher. 

Mrs. Metcalfe said, “I love Loretto, it has a sense of magic.” 

Mrs. Metcalfe is a Loretto Alumna but she did not graduate from Loretto however, the friendships and memories she made at Loretto still hold a precious place in her life. 

Mrs. Metcalfe said, “I had always wished to have continued my education at Loretto because of the beautiful values instilled in each student. As a faculty member, I greatly appreciate the warm welcome and acceptance from the faculty, staff and students.”

Loretto also welcomed Nickole Gallegos, the new science and chemistry teacher, and Raphael Benero, the new art teacher.

Marry Anne Olvias poses to take a picture for The Prax. Ms .Olvias is the new assistant principal.
(Photo Courtesy of Ms. Olivas )

Welcome to Loretto!