Express Yourself

Natalia Valenzuela, Reporter

As the 2020-2021 school year continues, faculty, staff, and students are starting to participate in online activities such as clubs.

There are a variety of clubs at Loretto such as, Women Empowering Women, Theater Club, and Cinema Club. 

Each club has a teacher sponsor and is run by the president and vice president of the club. 

Just like school, clubs are also held through Google Meets or Zoom meetings, a popular club at Loretto, with a count of 80 members is Pre-Med! 

Pre-Med at Loretto educates students on the various fields of medicine, while advocating for public safety and health awareness through guest speakers, lectures, and how health awareness and mental health has a great impact on society.

Senior Clarissa Garcia said, “I enjoy being president of this year’s Pre-Medical club due to the opportunity of education that our team gives to Loretto students, further enhancing their passion for medicine, health, and science.” 

Another club that shows relations to the world around is Angels for Life. 

“I am the secretary for the Angels for Life Club. What I do is make sure everyone goes to the meetings, takes notes, and I help out our social media coordinator, Emilia Garcia, I love being a part of this.” said freshman, Dariela Abbud. 

Clubs are a huge part of the Loretto Academy community because it gives the students the opportunity to express themselves and help out others depending on what club they join.