Fatima Valenzuela; Example For Students Everywhere

Fifteen year old Loretto sophomore Fatima Valenzuela has and will continue to be an example to students everywhere. Fatima hopes to study Architecture at one of her dream schools and one day become an architect.

Photo courtesy of Fatima Valenzuela

Arissa Ramirez, Class Sections Reporter

Ten years ago, five-year-old Fatima Valenzuela walked through the doors of Loretto Academy Elementary School and realized that she then found a second home.

Sophomore, Fatima Valenzuela owes her growth as a student and young woman to Loretto Academy’s loving environment.

Fatima has taken advantage of the extracurricular activities that Loretto Academy has to offer. 

Valenzuela said, “My first club experience was robotics from fourth to fifth grade, then I became involved in basketball from fifth to sixth grade, after that, I joined the chess club from sixth to seventh grade.”

She then discovered her passion for activities outside of school and became an equestrian.

During her freshman year, Valenzuela became involved in the student council and won the class president election.

“Being the class president brought me closer to my sisters and helped me understand the other girls and their hardships,” Valenzuela said. 

Valenzuela, also had her fair share of struggles, coming from a pre-school in Juarez and not knowing much English and math. 

“Many of my peers had gone through the same things and I became a help and an example of knowing you can always overcome obstacles and become something great,” said Valenzuela.

Many of her achievements include perfect attendance, four Golden Presidential awards, and 5th and 10th place in the local French contest.

Valenzuela said, “Loretto will always be my home and the girls will always be my family no matter what.”

As Valenzuela encaptures her high school years at Loretto, she has grown to love the Loretto sisterhood.