Making of student activities

Photo Courtesy of Mariasofia Mancilla

The 2020-2021 school year’s Leadership team. The Leadership team sits on the steps of the Chapel awaiting a new school year.

Natalia Valenzuela, Loretto News Reporter

Our Leadership team makes our student activities happen, from traditions, to field day, to assemblies. 

Loretto’s Leadership girls are led by the Student Body president and vice president, and Mrs. Martinez, plus consists of the senior class’ president and vice president, and more who all pitch in to reassure everything goes right for everyone  to have a good time. 

One of the projects the Leadership girls do in partnership with LAA (Loretto Athletics Association) is Field day. 

Field day is an all day event where each classification competes against each other to see who has the most class spirit.

Due to the Coronavirus, this school year has not had a Field day and is postponed until further notice. 

Senior class president, Valeria Simons said “we have no further plans for field day, we will start planning when the cases go down”. 

Field day is held at the beginning of the year,  (the last couple of weeks of September), and it is a great way to bond with your classmates and stay active because you are constantly moving all day. 

“My sophomore year was my first year at Loretto and field day was honestly one of the best days I have ever had. I had so much fun and I grew closer to a lot of my classmates. The next day, I didn’t even have a voice from screaming and singing so loud” said junior, Alexis Perez. 

After lunch, each classification does a choreographed dance, their class cheer, and gets the opportunity to play volleyball or basketball. 

Field day is filled with memorable moments and unforgettable memories that stay with you for the rest of your life!