Celebrating Loretto Teachers

Two+Beloved+Loretto+Teachers%2C+left+to+right+Teresa+Franco+and+Erika+Gomez.+They+share+their+experiences+and+love+for+Loretto+Angels.+

Photo Courtesy of Mrs.Gomez and Ms.Franco

Two Beloved Loretto Teachers, left to right Teresa Franco and Erika Gomez. They share their experiences and love for Loretto Angels.

Arissa Ramirez, Loretto News Reporter

There is no doubt that Loretto teachers are very special to Loretto Angels. 

Teachers and students around the world celebrate World Teachers Day on October 5th. 

Although we are celebrating World Teachers day virtually, some of Loretto’s  beloved teachers still got a chance to talk.

Mrs. Etelvina Pasaret, a Loretto teacher of nine years, shared the meaning behind her love of teaching said, “I love the interaction with the girls; I like to see them grow up into strong, opinionated, and independent young women.”

Mrs. Erika Gomez, a teacher at Loretto Academy since April of 2017, also said her love for teaching comes from her students.

Mrs. Gomez said, “I can sincerely say the students are what I love about teaching. I love the bonds I make with a lot of my students and the relationships I have gained throughout the years.” 

Loretto’s teachers also shared some of their favorite teaching moments with their angels that many teachers around the world can most likely relate to.

Ms. Terry Franco, a Loretto teacher of eighteen years said, “My favorite teaching moment is every time I hear about a former student’s success.”

Mrs. Pasaret said, “The best moment is the “aha” moment when everything clicks and the girls understand the content; it’s priceless.”

Loretto’s beloved teachers are greatly appreciated for all the love and happiness they share with their angels.