Great ending to finals week

Loretto’s seniors taking a selfie after their performance. They completed their last Christmas assembly and one of many traditions. Photo courtesy of Alejandra Urbina.

Iliana Moreno, Loretto News Co-Editor

After a test-filled week at Loretto, students ended the week and began Christmas break by holding the annual Christmas assembly.

One of the school’s favorite traditions is held at this time, where seniors sing the song Mary Had a Baby.

Before the tear-filled song, student council entertained drained students with student council president, Rebecca Terrazas, dressed as Santa Claus, who performed TikTok dances that went viral this year.

Student council then held a raffle for teachers, the winners were Sister Buffy Boesen, Mrs. Helen Martinez, and Mrs. Linda Hall.

The assembly then moved on to the most highly anticipated part as the freshmen began singing Last Christmas, sophomores sang Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer, and juniors sang Mistletoe.

Seniors wearing Santa hats filled the stage and began singing an array of Christmas classics as parents began to move to front seats, making sure they caught their daughter’s last Christmas assembly.

The time came where senior Mizuki Nagae started playing Mary Had a Baby on the piano, and the Little Theater fell silent as they witnessed another Loretto tradition take place.

Senior Abigail Eudave said, “It felt almost unreal-I remember being a freshman and thinking that a few years later, I would be on the stage singing Mary Had a Baby with my classmates.”

The song soon came to end as smiles came across the senior’s and parent’s faces along with the underclass women, as they were released from a stressed week into Christmas and New Year’s break.