Senior retreat

Loretto seniors class of 2019. Photo courtesy of Loretto Academy.

Azalea Esquivel-Reyes, Class Sections Editor

Loretto seniors recently experienced one of the most anticipated activities of their final year at Loretto; the senior retreat.

This year’s senior retreat was held on February 6-8, 2019 at the Holy Cross Retreat Center in Mesilla, NM.

Seniors left school on Wednesday February 6 at 3:30 p.m.

Loretto seniors leaving for their retreat. Photo courtesy of Emilia Mandujano.

Each senior was assigned a room with two other students.

Loretto senior Cassandra Villar said “Sharing time with my classmates during this retreat was a unique and memorable experience for me.”

As per tradition, the senior retreat activities are forbidden to be shared with the public to prevent spoilers for upcoming seniors.

By keeping the activities a secret, the seniors are able to cherish and enjoy the beloved tradition more fully.

As the seniors like to say, “what happens at retreat stay at retreat”.

The senior retreat is an event where seniors get to strengthen their bonds with their classmates as well as with God.

It is the last time the seniors gather together as one class to reflect on their past 4 years at Loretto before they all go off on their separate ways.

Loretto senior Marian Gomez said, “Our senior retreat was filled with memories that will last a lifetime and advice that I will keep close to my heart.

It was definitely the highlight of my senior year.”

Seniors are put through activities in which they fully interact with their faith and friends.

The senior retreat is something seniors will forever remember as something special.