Senior college acceptances

Sofia Cadena, Class Sections Reporter

The year is slowly coming to an end and the class of 2019 is ready to say goodbye to Loretto Academy and enter the be part of the college world.

While some seniors are anxious to leave Loretto, others are excited to begin their lives outside of El Paso.

These students include: Celia Escobar who was accepted to Villanova University, Christina Urrea and Britton Brindle who were accepted to Notre Dame.

Loretto senior class of 2019 Celia Escobar, who was accepted into Villanova University. Photo courtesy of Celia Escobar instagram.

In regards to college applications Christina Urrea said, “I am currently undecided but I am between the University of Notre Dame and UT Austin.

I applied to Notre Dame because its academics are matched by its school spirit and community focus.

I applied to UT Austin because of their unique opportunity for freshman research in the sciences.

Both schools have piqued my interest, making it hard to decide.

When I received my acceptance, I felt a weight lift off my shoulders.

I am excited for what’s to come, especially knowing that there is no wrong decision.”

Loretto senior class of 2019 Christina Urrea, who was accepted into Notre Dame and UT Austin. Photo courtesy of Christina Urrea facebook.

Britton said ,“Notre Dame was my first choice because it provides an excellent education that incorporates Catholic core values.

I can’t wait to become part of the tri-campus community in Notre Dame, Indiana. I am excited to go but I will miss my family a lot.

Loretto has been a great community and I will miss the sisterhood.”

Loretto senior class of 2019 Britton Brindle, who was accepted into Notre Dame. Photo courtesy of Britton Brindle instagram.

Loretto wishes these girls the best of luck in their college experience.