Say what: Women in Congress

Azalea Esquivel-Reyes, Class Sections Editor

What do you think about women in Congress?

Freshmen 9th – Valeria Gutierrez

Loretto freshman class of 2022 Valeria Gutierrez. Photo courtesy of Azalea Esquivel-Reyes.

“Women in Congress for me are very important, they symbolize that women do have opportunities and the courage to stand tall as leaders, even in heels.  I believe women in Congress also have the power to turn the world upside down again.”

Sophomore 10th – Samantha Delgado

Loretto sophomore class of 2021 Samantha Delgado. Photo courtesy of Azalea Esquivel-Reyes.

“I think women in Congress are amazing and it shows how far women’s rights have come.  Having women in Congress is a chance to show that we’re just as good as men even in decision making and also it is a chance to break gender inequality barriers.”

Junior 11th – Dafne Molina

Loretto junior class of 2020 Dafne Molina. Photo courtesy of Azalea Esquivel-Reyes.

“Its a good thing that women are now being involved in politics.  It shows how far we’ve come along from not having the right to vote to now being able to shape the country.  It’s just sad that we have to work twice as hard as man only to get partial recognition.”

Senior 12th – Lauren Gil

Loretto senior class of 2019 Lauren Gil. Photo courtesy of Azalea Esquivel-Reyes.

“I think it’s empowering to see women hold such powerful positions in government.  These women are role models for younger girls everywhere.”