Say what

Azalea Esquivel-Reyes, Class Sections Editor

What do you think regarding the recent forest fires in the United States?

Freshman 9th – Mariana Hernandez 

Mariana Hernandez, Loretto freshmen class of 2022. Picture courtesy of Azalea Esquivel-Reyes.

“What I think about these recent forest fires is that it is due to our human activities and climate change.  It is something provoked by man and has affected many.”

Sophomore 10th – Anamarie Cordova

Anamarie Cordova, Loretto sophomore class of 2021. Picture courtesy of Azalea Esquivel-Reyes.

“It is hazardous not only to the environment but the people near this that have to quickly evacuate their homes.”

Junior 11th – Guadalupe Lucero

Guadalupe Lucero, Loretto junior class of 2020. Picture courtesy of Azalea Esquivel-Reyes.

“I’ve seen some of the images from the destruction caused by the wildfires in California, and it’s just devastating.  It is very sad that many innocent people have died or have been left homeless because the fires have burned everything in their path.  Also, the levels of smoke emitted have created a lot of unnecessary pollution that harms our environment.  It is sickening that deaths and destruction caused by this could have been prevented.  These fires are a wake-up call for people to see that our actions have consequences.”

Senior 12th – Karely Salazar

Karely Salazar, Loretto senior class of 2019. Photo courtesy of Azalea Esquivel-Reyes.

“Forest fires are now becoming a critical problem.  It is sad to know that many animals have been killed or have had to migrate. Also people have had to leave their homes and have died as well and this is very hard and emotional.  This uncontrolled problem should be a wake-up call to protect and respect our surroundings.”