Juniors nutcracking

Loretto juniors class of 2020 performing in “the Nutcracker” with the El Paso Ballet Theatre. Victoria Villarreal (left) and Rebeca Terrazas (right). Photo courtesy of Rebeca Terrazas.

Azalea Esquivel-Reyes, Class Sections Editor

Rebeca Terrazas and Victoria Villarreal are the President and Vice President of the junior class of 2020; they call themselves the best duo.

These juniors performed in “The Nutcracker” with the El Paso Ballet Theatre, which is El Paso’s leading ballet company.

The El Paso Ballet Theatre celebrated their ten year anniversary of “The Nutcracker” and both Terrazas and Villarreal partook in it.

Loretto freshmen Paula Cardenas and Belycia Rivas also performed in this show.

El Paso Ballet Theatre during their annual Nutcracker performance. Picture courtesy of Rebeca Terrazas.

They performed at the Magoffin Auditorium located at the University of Texas at El Paso and presented on November 30 at 7:30 p.m., December 1at 2:30 and 7:30 p.m., and December 2 at 2:30 p.m.

Junior Rebeca Terrazas said, “I loved it, the whole dancing experience and being on stage doing what I love the most gives me a great sensation.”

Terrazas has been dancing ballet for 13 years and ten years with the El Paso Ballet Theatre.

She has performed in all ten years of “The Nutcracker” dancing a various amount of roles such as the Arabic, the snow waltz, the flower waltz, the sugar plum fairy, and the Spaniard.

Rebeca Terrazas performing as the Arabic in “The Nutcracker”. Picture courtesy of Rebeca Terrazas.

Junior Victoria Villarreal said, “I have been with the El Paso Ballet Theatre before but I left and barely came back this year and The Nutcracker was my first performance with this group.

I was really excited to come back and I enjoyed every second of it.”

Villarreal has been dancing since she was two years old.

Victoria Villarreal performing in “The Nutcracker”. Photo courtesy of Victoria Villarreal.

At “The Nutcracker” she performed in the snow waltz, the flower waltz, as a the Spaniard, and in the dance of the mirlitons.

They are leading presidents for the class of 2020 and they share the same passion on the same stage.