Two languages, one cafeteria

Jimena Hallal, Reporter

At Loretto Academy, students are taught to appreciate their cultures and live peacefully together.

They learn this through many different forms but one of the most recent ones is the Language fair.

The language fair is a festival held by the Spanish Honor Society (SHS) and the French Honor Society (FHS) as a form of raising money for the two language clubs at Loretto.

The language fair has been a tradition at Loretto for many years, but this year it was a little different from previous years.

The Language Fair took place on November 2nd from 8:15 a.m. to 11 a.m. in the cafeteria.

In previous years the language fair has taken place in room 201 and in the dance studio.

The location, however, was not the only thing that was different about the language fair this year.

In previous years the whole school -elementary, middle, and high school- were invited to participate in the language fair, but this year it was dedicated solely for the elementary kids.    

The fair had more activities that were put in place since the audience was younger; there were piñatas, coloring, puzzles, games and food.

The fair was successful in teaching the elementary students of Loretto about different cultures and languages.

Marian Gomez, a senior at Loretto and FHS president, said, “It was great watching all the kids have a good time and experience different cultures, they were all very surprised.”

The fair was organized by the two presidents of the clubs: Marian Gomez from the French Honor Society and Azalea Esquivel-Reyes from the Spanish Honor Society.

Most of the money that was earned went to the French Honor Society since the Spanish Honor Society already had their fundraiser for the semester.