Senior Circle Drive

Sr. Buffy leads the Circle Drive celebration for the final time in a red Corvette before she retires. The seniors drove behind her four times around. Photo courtesy of Eloisa Urrea.

Mia Quinones, Staff Reporter

The Seniors’ Circle Drive was held on Thursday, May 12, 2022, at around 10:35 am at Loretto Academy. 

Circle Drive is a tradition in which the seniors drive their cars around the circle four times, in front of the school while throwing candy at the underclassmen. 

The seniors are allowed to decorate their cars, play music from the cars, dress up, and throw candy into the students’ bags. 

This year’s Circle Drive started with Loretto’s President Sister Buffy, at the head of the parade in a red Corvette. 

Three Corvettes led the Drive: a red one and two black ones. 

Some of the senior cars were memorable.  

A green Jeep with many girls in the back were dressed in Hawaiian clothes. 

Many of the actors from Loretto’s Angels in the Wings Theatre Company decided to decorate a silver car together and dressed as princesses.

Loretto senior, Gabriela Dominguez said, “I had a lot of fun. It was our last senior tradition so it kind of meant a lot to me. I’m so happy it’s finally over.”

After the second time around, the juniors asked the corvettes to rev their cars which sparked some excited cheers. 

Some of the candies that were thrown included lollipops, Musketeer chocolates, and gumballs. 

Some of the seniors made sure to grab the attention of their former teachers to say bye and throw candy at them. 

This year’s Circle Drive was completed just in time for the senior’s graduation which took place on Sunday, May 15.