Senior Sunrise and Prank

On May 6th, Loretto seniors met on the soccer field to celebrate their last week of school with senior sunrise.. Before attending school, the seniors planned a prank for the underclassmen. Photo courtesy of  Valentina Peraza

On May 6th, Loretto seniors met on the soccer field to celebrate their last week of school with senior sunrise.. Before attending school, the seniors planned a prank for the underclassmen. Photo courtesy of Valentina Peraza

Andrea Acosta, Staff Reporter

Loretto’s Class of 2022 spent their last normal morning of high school before finals participating in Senior Sunrise.

Senior Sunrise is a tradition held at the end of the school year, in which all seniors wake up early before school and come together to watch the sunrise on the soccer field. 

On Friday, May 6th, many students came wearing their senior class shirts and brought blankets, pillows, snacks, and towels. 

An inflatable water slide was set up for them and they enjoyed their morning by spraying each other with water guns and participating in other activities. 

Seniors also woke up extra early to set up the senior school prank, which is also a tradition at Loretto that takes place at the end of the year. 

This year’s seniors’ prank consisted of scattering desks, leaving cotton balls all over the hallways and stairs, trashing the locker room with loads of paper, and covering the bathroom stalls with clear plastic wrap. 

Junior, Miranda Villeda said, “I was surprised when I walked into the school, I had no idea they would take it this far, but it’s good that they helped pick it up”.

The senior class also left posters that read “We Won” or “Rigged” all around the school along with their senior shirts, as a reference to their loss at Field Day. 

During the announcements, Sister Buffy announced all seniors were to help clean up their mess if they still wanted to be exempt from finals.

If no one put in the effort they would all have to take a final.   

With this announcement being said, all the seniors helped pick up and soon everyone continued their day. 

The seniors were able to be exempt from finals.