Senior’s together again

Photo Courtesy of Ms. Franco.

The class of 2021 doing the traditional picture of their graduating number. While some Loretto sisters are missing, the sisterhood is ever-present!

Cristina Robles, Loretto News Editor

The senior retreat is a time when Loretto seniors take time to bond over a two-day weekend trip. 

This year because of COVID the administration Ms.Franco, the senior sponsor decided to still hold a retreat while abiding by the COVID guidelines. 

It is a tradition that what happens at the senior retreat is a secret but it is a time for creating new bonds with your lifelong Loretto sisters as graduation approaches.

This year was a little bit different for the girls since seniorities came early and everyone could tell. 

Missing out on the year students spend most of their high school career looking forward to definitely took a toll on the class of 2021. 

Ms. Franco, the senior class head sponsor said, “The thought process was watching the class of 2021 hit the normally-occurring “senioritis” and not realizing it wasn’t just the pandemic causing it. Usually, when seniors are diagnosed with senioritis it happens just as it is time for Senior Retreat. This year, however, senioritis showed up with no relief in sight. When I saw the symptoms, I had conversations with the administration to try to come up with a plan for a safe retreat.” 

The seniors desperately needed some bonding time with their Loretto sisters who they had not seen in a long time. 

During the retreat, they had many types of activities from uplifting to tear-jerking. 

What was the most special thing about the retreat were not the activities, or the place it was held but the class itself that took the time to bond and reminisce on their last year of high school. 

Ms. Franco said, “How is the class of 2021 special….let me count the ways…you all are caring, loving, empathetic, funny, witty, nervous, and above all, resilient. You’ve taken what has happened in stride and come up winning.” 

As the final weeks of high school approaches, making these final memories is as important as ever.