Easter activities

Disney+is+fully+opened+and+requiring+masks+and+implementing+social+distancing+to+keep+the+parks+safe+and+guests+safe.+Disney+continues+to+spread+the+magic+making+holidays+special+again+for+those+traveling.+

Photo courtesy of The Ledger.

Disney is fully opened and requiring masks and implementing social distancing to keep the parks safe and guests safe. Disney continues to spread the magic making holidays special again for those traveling.

Cristina Robles, Loretto News Editor

Easter is a sacred day for the Catholic religion and is usually celebrated by going to mass and then gathering with your family to find easter eggs and eat. 

This year with being unable to gather with many people Loretto students found different ways to make the holidays special. 

Senior Aristea Juarez focused on spending time with her family and was fortunate enough to have her grandparents visit her. 

Ms. Juarez said, “ I found it special to just be able to spend time family, it was great because we always had dinners at my grandparent’s house and since we all can’t be together, it was nice to give my grandparents a good time as they had always given me a wonderful Easter.” 

Some traditions stayed home while others flew to Florida. 

Junior Victoria Hernadez went to Disney World with her family during Easter break. 

Ms. Hernadez said, “It was my first time going to Disney World since we had always gone to Disney land, it was a tradition that my family and I had for my birthday. I also got to spend a week with my brother, Jacob who I don’t get to see very often because he lives in Lubbock.” 

Each family has its own unique traditions. 

Due to the unprecedented times, many families have started new ones or tweaked the old ones, the most important thing this Easter break is to remember the true reason we celebrate it and to spend time with the people we love.