Another softball season ends

The+team+kneels+down+as+their+coaches+talk+to+them+during+a+game.+The+girls+represent+Loretto+with+their+gold+and+black+uniform+and+prepare+for+a+great+game.+

Photo courtesy of Samantha Salgado.

The team kneels down as their coaches talk to them during a game. The girls represent Loretto with their gold and black uniform and prepare for a great game.

Natalia Valenzuela, Reporter

The softball team had their last game on the 23 of April 2021 to close off their season.
The girls have been practicing every other weekday and on an occasional Saturday too on the Loretto soccer field and Ascarate Park for the past four months.
They play their games every Tuesday and Friday against public schools in the El Paso, Clint, and Canutillo districts.
It has been a rough season for the girls with three wins and the majority of losses, including starting the season off with 12 girls on the team and by the end having four hurt and having only the bare minimum to play, they are doing great and continuing to be team players!
“It was such a blast… I joined softball my sophomore year because I thought it would be fun and it ended up being such an amazing experience. Though my senior season came to a halt earlier than expected when my knee got injured and I could no longer play, which was devastating but it reminded me once again not to take things for granted.
This moment was bittersweet because while I am a little sad that this was my last year I am thankful and excited for the things ahead in my journey to the future.” said Samantha Salgado.
The team consisted of all grade levels with leaders that showed commitment, friendship, sportsmanship, and bondage.
As the season ends, the girls learned a lot from each other, helped each other, and pushed each other to be the best versions of themselves on and off the field.