Tips and tricks to get through last weeks of school

Natalia Valenzuela, Reporter

The 2020-2021 school year is almost over and the pressure is on to complete all assignments and keep track of grades for the final report card. 

Though school may be tiring and overwhelming at times, there are many ways to make it bearable. 

It is important to maintain a healthy mental and physical state when it comes to school priorities.

Eating nutritious foods, getting the right amount of sleep, and taking time for oneself are great ways to do just that.

Senior Jade Medrano said, “Finals week is always the most stressful.”

“I don’t enjoy studying but I know that it’s important so that I can get a good grade on the test to finish off the semester complete.”

“What has helped me get through this in past years is a lot of iced coffee and sitting in my room, by myself without distractions, such as my phone.” 

Everyone has their own ways of organization, including different study methods.

Some visual learners enjoy taking notes with different color pens and highlighters to help them remember the information. 

Senior Paulette Jurado said, “What helps me learn the information I need to know for the test is rewriting it over and over again and reading it a couple of times.”

In past years, Loretto arranges a finals week that gives the girls plenty of time to take care of themselves and their studying needs.

Yet the last weeks of school may be tedious for some, it is an opportunity to make those weeks worthwhile.