Science fair turns virtual

A picture of last years science fair first place winner, Samantha Perez.
Ms. Perez was in the senior division, Translational Medical Science.

Photo courtesy of Loretto Academy via Facebook

A picture of last year’s science fair first place winner, Samantha Perez. Ms. Perez was in the senior division, Translational Medical Science.

Cristina Robles, Loretto News Editor

Every year Loretto has a science fair in room 201 for every Pre-AP science class. 

As classes continue to be mostly online, science fair will be different this year. 

Students were asked to pick a topic related to their class subject: physics, chemistry or biology and do a presentation on their project. 

Teachers and administration have not set a date of the science fair but students have already begun choosing their projects and determining their course of action. 

Junior class president Aurora Zepeda said, “One thing I enjoyed from my past science fairs was getting to walk around and see everyone’s project.” 

This year students will get to see their projects presentation via Google Meets but it will not be the same as the previous hands-on presentations. 

Senior Diana Laura Perez said, “This year my project will be bouncy balls in relation to physics, I am really looking forward to creating new experiences from home and working with my partner virtually.” 

Each student is presented with a unique challenge of making this out of the ordinary science fair into one teachers will never forget.