Winter activities

Loretto angels celebrate the holidays in many different ways. Senior Lauren Barajas enjoyed Christmas cuddling with her dog.

Photo courtesy of Lauren Barajas

Cristina Robles, Loretto News Editor

Sitting by the fire roasting marshmallows, making hot chocolate, or going on ski trips are all things that make winter break like none other.

After Loretto students finished the most stressful week of the semester, finals week, Loretto girls found ways to relax and de-stress before the new year arrived and classes resumed. 

While COVID-19 is still a threat, it has limited things to do that are regular holiday experiences such as gathering for a Christmas dinner with your extended family or going to the beach because the cold weather is not for you. 

Freshman Daniela Nava said, “During winter break I watched movies and decorated the Christmas tree with my family and made new traditions such as gingerbread house competition and connected with my family via zoom.” 

This year it was time to get creative when it came to creating new traditions that keep in line with COVID-19 regulations so that a safe and happy Christmas was ensured. 

Senior Lauren Barajas said, “I stayed home this winter break and went to swim practice early in the morning which was cold; I celebrated the holidays with my family in my household, it was good to spend time together, but I do miss my extended family.” 

Celebrating with your family and making new traditions is an experience like none other and without even realizing it fond memories were in the making.