Juniors take on PSAT/NMSQT

Cristina Robles, Loretto News Editor

One of the “perks” of junior year is taking on the PSAT, it tests you on your ability to be able to master the SAT.  

As students begin to take the exam and apply to college the PSAT may offer potential scholarship to its highest-achieving students.

The PSAT was previously scheduled in October 2020 but was later cancelled because Loretto closed because of COVID-19.

The PSAT was later rescheduled for January 26, 2021 and was still held at Loretto. 

Juniors went to take the test at 8:30am, but juniors were asked to be at school by 8.00am so they could know what the social distancing rules were and how the test was going to take place. 

The juniors were ushered through the first and second floor where they were seated in their classroom. 

In order for Loretto to host the PSAT and adhere to social distancing guidelines nine girls were placed per classroom, masks were enforced, only one student went to the bathroom at a time and social distancing was enforced. 

Junior class vice-president Lara Enriquez said, “I think Loretto did a good job with taking multiple precautions. They had us all spaced out in multiple rooms and it made me and my parents feel safer going to take the test.”

Now as the stressful testing period comes to a close, Loretto students focus on their semester grades and what comes next.