National Honor Society inductees

National+Honor+Society+induction+ceremony+held+at+the+Loretto+Gymnasium.+This+was+the+2018+NHS+induction+ceremony.+

Photo Courtesy of Loretto Academy Facebook

National Honor Society induction ceremony held at the Loretto Gymnasium. This was the 2018 NHS induction ceremony.

Cristina Robles, Loretto News Editor

Last school year the National Honor Society (NHS) inductions were put on hold because of the pandemic, however, Ms. Martinez and the girls in NHS have  rescheduled them. 

Kaitlyn Horn, the Student Body President, said, “The priority right now is to do some type of induction and let the girls know from the 2019-2020 school year who got in.” 

Students who applied to NHS during the 2019-2020 school year received an email on Saturday, October 10 that they were selected to be a part of NHS. 

Diana Laura Perez, a senior, said, “I was on my phone when I got an unexpected email from Loretto, there was an envelope that said congratulations, I did not really know what to expect so I opened and it was a letter from Mrs.Martinez congratulating me from becoming part of NHS.” 

Many students were ecstatic to finally ease their stress about whether or not they would be accepted however, students were disappointed about not getting an inductee ceremony. 

Senior Regina Gil said, “Since the moment I submitted my application I was awaiting a response but now I am really sad that we will not be able to experience the tradition that is the NHS inductee ceremony.” 

Junior class president, Aurora Zepeda, also received an email welcoming her into NHS and she is excited to what NHS might hold. 

Zepeda said, “I’m positive that they’re going to find a great way to do it be it online or in whatever way they decide and I am extremely excited to be a part of NHS!”

While elections for the NHS are still uncertain, new members are overjoyed to see what new things  NHS will bring. 

Perez said, “What excites me the most about being part of the NHS is working with my classmates and peers to help the students at Loretto and leave a mark on this amazing school.”  

As Loretto continues to have a majority of students taking classes online, the new inductees are thrilled to be a bigger part of their school.