Seniors reflect on their time at Loretto

Sybonae Acosta, Class Sections Editor

As the school year for the senior class of 2020 came to end, many seniors reflected on their time spent at Loretto Academy.

The senior class of 2020 had one of the most unconventional graduations of Loretto Academy history, yet many kept their spirits high.

Audrey Hermida said, “My high school experience was special overall.

“There were ups and downs, but I know Loretto challenged me so I could be prepared for the future to come.

“I loved the bond I made with my class, and I’m grateful for meeting such great people.

“Loretto is wonderful, and it holds a special place in my heart.

“Even though the end of my high school career isn’t one that I would have wanted, it made me realize that we shouldn’t take anything for granted.

“My high school experience is an unforgettable one.”

Loretto Academy prides itself in molding model leaders in society, and this senior class exemplifies perseverance and dedication through the most difficult times.

Senior Juliana Liano said, “Well, it was a roller coaster, to be honest.

“Freshman year was so much fun [because] I got an amazing biggie and made really good friends, and sophomore year was really hard for me since I was injured; the work load didn’t make it any easier, but I got through it. 

“Junior year was all about finding myself and really understanding the person I want to become, and it was much more fun than sophomore year; senior year was just smooth sailing until the coronavirus.

“I don’t think I’d be the person I am today without all the struggles and accomplishments I received at Loretto; I’m just really sad that I didn’t get the real senior experience being locked up at home.”

Although the seniors didn’t get the end that they anticipated, they are already leaving their marks on the world one sister at a time.