Abigail Eudave makes El Paso Hall of Fame

Abigail Eudave smiling as she plays her favorite sport. She will be missed by Loretto and the sports department as she goes off to UT Austin. Photo courtesy of Madelynne Sandoval.

Victoria DuBois, Sports Reporter

The El Paso Athletic Hall of Fame gives recognition to many high school student athletes of the year. 

According to the El Paso Herald-Post, Hall of Fame President Ed Stansbury said, “The annual Hall of Fame Induction Banquet is the time we usually honor these young men and women on their high school achievements not only on the field, but also in the classroom and in volunteerism in the community.” 

Loretto senior Abigail Eudave was recognized in the Hall of Fame.

She has been playing for eight years and has received 20 awards for player of the match. 

Eudave said, “I began to play volleyball because my mom and cousin played volleyball, and I really wanted to pick up on it and play with them. 

“Not only my coaches but also my parents have been part of my volleyball experience and have been the biggest mentors to me, especially about encouraging me to be the best that I can be.”  

She will be attending the University of Texas at Austin next fall.

However, she will not be playing for the UT Austin volleyball team. 

She is considering doing Club or Intramural during college.

She was very surprised, excited, and grateful to be selected for the hall of fame. 

Congratulations on making the El Paso Athletic Hall of Fame, Eudave!