Sponsor Spotlight: Ms. Franco

Ms. Franco at last years Christmas assembly. Ms. Franco is the junior head sponsor and coordinates the various junior activities. Photo courtesy of the Loretto Academy Facebook.

Ms. Franco at last year’s Christmas assembly. Ms. Franco is the junior head sponsor and coordinates the various junior activities. Photo courtesy of the Loretto Academy Facebook.

Cristina Robles, Entertainment & Class Sections Reporter

At Loretto Academy, each class has sponsors; Ms. Franco is the head sponsor for the junior class. 

The junior sponsors include the head sponsor Ms. Franco, Mr. Sanchez, Ms. Gonzales, Sister Liz, Mrs. Haluschak, and Mrs. Ray. 

Being a sponsor is like none other because the teacher has the chance to get to know the class on a deeper level and create memories with them that will last a lifetime. 

Ms. Franco said, “The best part about being a junior sponsor is seeing how the students have grown up and grown together after three years!” 

One of your goals as a sponsor is to create activities that will unite the class and help them bond. 

Ms. Franco said, “This class is diverse, fun, and has great potential to be one of the most united groups of people at Loretto!” 

Ms. Franco’s goals as a sponsor are to be caring for the girls and wanting them to succeed in everything they do. 

Valeria Simmons, the junior class vice president, said, “I think Ms. Franco is truly an inspiring woman who has helped us since our freshmen year and has helped guide us from being little freshies to the stressful junior year, and I have enjoyed working with her this year.” 

Ms. Franco is one of the reasons the junior class cares so much for one another and acts as an example of what a head sponsor should be.